We all know, to heal is not a one-stop shop or a quick fix. Indeed, it is far from it. If you have been on the spiritual journey for very long, you may have already begun to realize that healing is a part of our lifelong journey. Spirituality and healing intertwine in one great dance, which flows throughout a lifetime. Are we brave enough to surrender?
I once believed, if I am kind enough, loving enough, and maintain good relations with everyone, I am thus successful on my spiritual path. It only took a few years of many hard lessons for it to become clear that the path has rocks that we stumble upon as we heal, learn and grow deeper into our true authentic Self. While all of those desires are admirable and can be implemented as much as possible, it is in no way a testament of us being spiritual.
The following are some lessons I have learned and found to be important for my mental, physical, spiritual and emotional health while doing this Divine dance on the spiritual life path. I hope you will find them useful, healing, supportive and elevating. If you find something does not resonate with your higher guidance, then go ahead and dismiss it. Take what is supportive, and leave the rest.
Heal & Thrive With These 11 Life Affirming Lessons
1. We are not meant to be friends with everyone. Furthermore, not everyone wants to be our friend. Some people do not even know what a friend is in its truest form. There is no need to force yourself to be friends with those who can not and will not reciprocate it as an act of love. Bless them, and move on.
2. Some people are meant to be in our lives simply to help us learn a lesson. We might feel a great connection initially; however, later we may see this person has healing to do. There could be someone who has a lot of inner and outer challenges and projects those onto you. If they can be a healthy presence for others then that is all fine as we are all healing. If not, simply walk away while wishing them much healing and strength for their journey.
To Heal Is To Be Empowered
3. Everything that happens in our lives can empower us when we refuse to play the role of a victim. Please do yourself, and others, a favor by pressing stop when you start blaming others. Focus on yourself. If someone is doing something inappropriate or not nice, then simply resign from that job, walk away from toxic family members or find a new friend to spend time with as you notice who is and who is not healthy for you. You are never a victim. It is always your choice who you choose to have in your life. Make healing choices. Feel empowered in this knowing.
4. Everyone is different. Thus, healthy boundaries are needed to help educate people on your needs. Yes, as spiritual beings in a physical body boundaries can support everyone. Personally speaking, as a person who has died through a near death experience (NDE) and experienced going to the other world as a soul, I can say the physical realm has different needs. Please nourish and respect whatever your individual needs are at every moment.
5. Not everyone is trying to become their best Self. Anyone who is dishonest, manipulative, controlling, or treating you in any way you disapprove of does not need to be in your life. If they are family, love them from a distance by sending them positive energy. Walking away from toxicity is for everyone’s highest good.
To Heal Is At Times To Walk Away
6. You do not have to prove yourself to anyone. Your life purpose and truest Self may not always be revealed to others, and that is okay. If they are meant to be in your life, they will hang around in a respectful way long enough to see the real you.
7. Yes, we are all one in our very essence. However, that does not mean we are meant to put ourselves in people’s lives who are unhealthy for us. Please remember what Oneness is and what Oneness is not. It is often misrepresented in spiritual circles. Always take loving care of your Self.
8. Gossip, backstabbing, backbiting, dishonesty, jealousy, manipulation, control, and scheming behind others backs is a short list of lower energy behaviors to be avoided at all times. (They even feel toxic to write and read!) Yes, even that person who has been forwarding everyone’s emails. It is toxic. Please simply walk away.
I once heard a world renown spiritual minister say that these are the most dangerous people in our societies. They certainly do create much pain and suffering as well as division. Please do yourself a favor, as well as your mental, emotional, psychological and physical health a favor, by lovingly saying goodbye to them. Wish them well energetically and send them the love they clearly need to reawaken in themselves.
To Heal Is To Forgive
It is truly important to forgive because this type of behavior is completely based on lack, fear, low self esteem, insecurity and all around distrust of life and of oneself. Never let anyone meddle in your life in any way. Walk away if you truly desire peace of mind, and a life filled with happiness, true love and harmony. Forgive them completely as you move on.
If this describes you in any way, please completely forgive yourself, go within and start to truly love yourself. Please stop all of the above behaviors for the benefit of humanity. As you change, you will see that people can change, and when they do you may be able to slowly let them back into your life. However, a change in behavior and shift in consciousness is needed.
To Heal Is Your Natural Birthright
9. You deserve the best life has to give you, and it truly is your right to follow your own truth. The more you walk in your own unique truth and shine your light, the more you find out who truly is a friend. A true friend. Walk in your truth and light no matter what.
10. Mediocrity often attacks greatness. We must get over it. Those who would talk when you fail are also prone to talk when you succeed. Live your life to the fullest and be your best Self. What other people say and think about you has to do with them at a deeper level. Walk away and do not spend one minute even thinking about it.
11. Walk away from all conflict and drama, and focus on the light of your heart! You are a beautiful and loving soul!
Often in life, we are made to feel guilty if we follow these steps. Yes, we know we must stay in alignment with who we truly are while walking in the light. Please do not feel guilty or force yourself to do things that are not right for you.
To Heal Yourself Is To Heal ALL
If you have a romantic partner in your life, it will be important for you both to make sure your relations are healthy for each other. This life is meant for love and true heart fulfillment. Neither one of you would truly want someone in your life who is unhealthy for the other. That is true love.
The moment I began to implement these steps, a whole new life opened itself up for me. People who truly could ‘see’ my light came out of no where to hug me. I started to have more energy and time to better myself once I was no longer needing to respond to unhealthy situations. Please, just walk away, and remember you need not defend, explain or try harder. Those who truly love, respect and honor you will show up out of no where.
To Heal Is About Loving Yourself Enough To Care For Yourself
This life is about your journey. What will you do? Are you here to be an unhealthy ‘people pleaser’ at the cost of your overall health and happiness or are you here to awaken to your true Divine nature? The more whole we are, the more whole we can help others and our world to be. We lead by example and then with great inner and outer strength, through wholeness, we can help others more. First, we must care for our Self and create a healthy inner and outer environment.
Once our outer environment is stable, we can devote even more time to our inner environment through meditation, contemplation, studying spiritual truths and anything else that is healthy for our inner world. As we know, what we nurture on the inside, will indeed come to manifest on the outside. Please place focus on your heart-based inner work for yourself and for humanity.
Yoga, hiking, swimming in the ocean, and looking upon the greatness of the vast sea, mountains and our great sky are what open me right up. Nature helps us to truly see. What opens you up?
Walk in your light and shine bright. Now is the time. Allow nothing and no one to stop you. This is your time.
Ulonda Faye is a mystic writer of the poetic heart and soul, who has a vision of a heart conscious society where all unite in universal truth, love and freedom. Visit Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and fayenaturales.com to connect.